SC - Scientific American article

Fri Jul 28 09:13:03 PDT 2000

I haven't met the lady, but if it is who I think it is, she has a PhD in
History from the University of London and is currently a Senior Fellow of
the Dibner Institute for the History of Science and Technology at M.I.T.
The article is probably from a work in progress entitled, Chemistry Applied:
Physiology and Dietetics 1650 - 1800.

She is also a Julia Child Cookbook Award winner for The Food of Paradise:
Exploring Hawai'i's Culinary Heritage.

Bear