SC - Ciao, Cella!

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Sat Jul 29 14:40:24 PDT 2000

Buon giorno (or buena sera depending on which part of the world you inhabit)
Marcello,

>Just as a side note, though, ending a word in Italian
>with an "a" feminizes it and ciao is a farewell.

Picking nits here but "ciao" is also used to say "hello." Seems Italians use
multiple "ciao's" to say goodbye but only one to say hello. Also, "ciao" as
"hello" is a very informal greeting, one made between close friends. Mind you,
this is modern Tuscan Italian usage. Your mileage may vary.

Anyways, greetings to you! As I've noticed you've jumped right into the thick of
things here on the list. Good for you! We're a friendly, sometimes argumentative
bunch but we all love food and cooking and love to share.

Ciao, ciao!

Cedrin Etainnighean, OL
who is no longer Princess of Oertha! Woo-hoo!