SC - Lavender recipes, again....

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Jun 1 05:55:24 PDT 2000

Balthazar skrev:

>Well...that certainly sounded rude....
>I don't think it was meant that way, but jeez...

Balthazar, trust me- when I choose to be rude, there is no mistaking my
intent ;-) My response was purely informational- as you've noticed, many
people come to the Cook's List not really aware of the tremendous body of
actual period sources, or, as further private discussion demonstrated,
thinking that period food is awful, and afraid to try it.

With that in mind, I'm about to send the Lady to Stefan's Florilegium, the
Miscellany, Cindy's page, and Thomas' page, as well as suggesting she buy
her friend Cindy's Thousand Eggs as a good little starter gift- any other
ideas folks? One way or another, we ought to get her into trying more period
recipes, because the more serious period cooks we have, the better off we
all are.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous