SC - Small Beer?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jun 1 07:49:53 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/1/00 10:20:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, steldr at home.net
writes:

<< Would heating the original marinade to reduce it by half not kill off any
 little nasties left by the raw meat??  I had always assumed this to be so.
 Am I wrong?

 Mercedes >>

No, you are not wrong. I have many modern recipes which call for the
subsequent cooking of a marinade that has been used. Considering the
ingredients, contamination would be highly unlikely. If it were chicken
marinade I could see the concern but not beef or pork marinade or any non
poultry/fish marinades for that matter. To discard it would be a shame, IMO.

Ras