SC - Recipe chalange: try this...

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 1 08:44:14 PDT 2000

Well. I don't know. I and several other members have been offering recipes

> for redaction, and been met with resounding silence. Perhaps Gunthar might
> like to rename the List, the Off-topic Pseudo-Cooking List?
>
> Phlip

Actually I don't think so.
Off the top of my head I feel we have discussed the sauce for Cormayre and
period thickening practices, making a clear broth, period strainers, the
availability of certain period cookbooks, the use of lavendar in cooking,
almond milk and cheese, and congratulating a list member's elevation.

Off-topic we discussed the unfortunate posting by a deranged individual,
good places to visit in Boston, something else that skipped my mind.

Also, this is not called the "Period-Recipe-Exchange" list or anything
else. It's about SCA (and like-minded individuals) Cooks, for SCA Cooks
and by SCA Cooks. This is a community and it will go off-topic sometimes.
If you wish to view Authenticity-Only-Recipe-Redaction list then it
is easy to set up one. I think that maybe the reason recipe challenges are
not getting a lot of attention is because the people that usually post to
the list are used to redacting recipes and those who are not used to doing
this don't post very often.  It is also difficult for many of us to do a
proper redaction because we are sittin at work reading this.

This list is what it is. And, for the most part, I like it. If you don't there
are easy unsubscription instructions at the bottom of every post.  When
things get a bit too out of context I stop them. But they usually die a
quiet death after a day or so.

Gunthar