SC - Small Beer?

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Jun 1 18:24:47 PDT 2000

On Thu, 01 Jun 2000 09:49:40 -0400 Elaine Koogler
<ekoogler at chesapeake.net> writes:
> Isn't that what "...Put hem on a broch;..." would mean?  In other
> words, I would assume that "broch" would be a stick of some sort,
perhaps the origin of the word "brochet", which means that whatever is
being cooked is put on  a skewer...or at least that's what I've always
understood.

> Kiri

	Ok, yes, I read that (quickly, this morning on my way to work) and just
thought that "Put hem on a broch; rost hem" was placing it on the cooking
surface to roast them.  I see 'brochette' there where I only saw
'brazier' before.
It really pays to read these things out loud.
Christianna