SC - Off-Topic?

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Jun 1 17:30:43 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/1/00 7:06:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time, mermayde at juno.com
writes:

> It's two cups of sugar. And it's also a good idea to use just plain old
>  Fleishman's Baking Yeast. I tried making it with Champagne yeast and it
>  came out bitter.

Another advantage to using baking yeast in a low/non-alcoholic brew is that
baking yeast will die off at lower alcohol levels.  However, since we are on
the subject, "Eagle" brand baking yeast (professional yeast) is composed of
nothing less the sachromyces cerivicea (sp?), or our tried and true ale
yeast.  I have used it to make ales, and have been marginally satisfied with
the results.  While there has never been a "bready" flavor, it does fizzle
out at lower alcohol levels (about 3.8 to 4.3 percent in my experiments).

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?