SC - Request from Juno Abuse

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Fri Jun 2 05:26:37 PDT 2000

    I agree, most American beer is pizzlewater. Busch, Bud, Miller, those
types are all 3.2%. BTW, the ONLY difference between regular beer and
'light' beer is that regular beer is 3.2%, and light beer is 2.8%. The
reduction in calories is accomplished by a reduction in alcoholic content.
But of late, they've been kicking up the alcohol content bigtime! The new
'Ice' beers are much stronger. Icehouse is 5.5%, Natural Ice is 5.9%, and I
don't EVEN want to get into the Malt Liquors (yecch)
    Market differentiation, I guess.

Sieggy

> >  Modern, crappy
> >  American beer, that awful pseudo-pilsener made with lovely stuff like
> >  unmalted rice and corn, measure in at something like 5-6% or less.
>
> I know that American Standard Pilsners have gotten a bad reputation lately
> because of their inferior quality to things like India Pale Ale,
Newcastle,