SC - Query

Ron Rispoli rispoli at gte.net
Fri Jun 2 16:32:20 PDT 2000

Greeting, couple of quick questions I wanted to throw out nad see what
people thought.

First, on precooking for a feast, what have people found to be an okay time
period for bread freezing - so that it still maintains edibility?

Second- what have people found to be acceptable for deep freezing meat, my
butcher has - assured- me that most of the meats I have purchased in the
past will freeze past 6mos with the exception of the ground meats.
Personally, I don't like to keep meat very long even frozen but I will be
doing the Midwinter feast for my group and would like suggestions on how
long I can (without sacrificing safety or flavor or appearance) purchase
meat on sale.

Lastly, I have a copy of Ruperto de Nola (?) in Spanish and don't read a
lick of Spanish but was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the
general outlay of what recipes he covers so that I can look for simialr
recipes that are in English -- I am seeking recipes for a late period feast
and while I have some sources I want a firmer grasp on what would and would
not have been served in a Spanish Court circa 1480's 70 years on either
side.  SO _any_ suggestions would be appreciated.

Saffia al Sabia