SC -Mus, Brei and confusion

allilyn@juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Sat Jun 3 23:37:30 PDT 2000

Casually looking into a rather limited German dictionary I have handy, I
find Brei to be defined as pap or porridge and Mus to be defined as mash,
pap, jelly or marmalade.   This suggests the usage may be based on the
ingredients being prepared or the style of preparation rather than the
consistency of the dish.  And, as you point out, we don't know how the word
is used colloquially.

Bear