SC - RE: kvas

WyteRayven@aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 20:54:11 PDT 2000

>If anyone has the time and a copy of the Domostroi around, I'd love to get
>these quotes of different types of kvas for my kvas-msg file.

I'll work on it.  I am trying to add stuff to my webpage on period Russian
food and drink anyway.

>Do you know of any mail order sources for this kvas concentrate?

Nope, sorry (I checked the web anyway).  The stuff I use is made by "Amros"
in Somerset, NJ; 908-846-7755.  Maybe you can call them?  When you get
some, I see that in your Florilegium you already have the translated
directions for using it under "BEVERAGES/kvass-msg.html".  :-)

>Do you know when this Slavic and Eastern European Party will be? I'm
trying to pencil in >my Pennsic schedule. I would like to try some kvas
before I try making some.

Yep, I'm the coordinator, along with Bogdan, who is also on this list.  In
fact, we specifically scheduled it *not* to conflict with the Cook's List
potluck so that we could go to both events (last year we had to leave early
to set up the Party).  The Slavic and Eastern European Party will be held
on Monday, August 14 at 7pm, in A&S tent number 7, according to the Pennsic
class listings.

- --Yana, who probably should make more than just one gallon of kvas...