SC - I'ze gots no riz-pekt! OP

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 00:59:42 PDT 2000

Aethelwulf asked:
> I seek suggestons for a simple,tasty,
> 3-4 remove meal for my Knight and my Laurel.am lining
> up help to make this as period as possible as i would
> care to leave a favorable impression on both for both
> the food and the "service".

I'm afraid that there are way too many possiblities to list them
here. I think you need to narrow it down some. Do you have a
particular area or time period in mind? Do you wish to feature fish,
some other meat item, sotelties? Is this just for a few people or
for the usual hall of SCA folks?

You might want to take a look at some of the feast menus given in
the FEASTS section of my Florilegium for some examples of various
feasts that have been done in the SCA. Here are a few to illustrate
some of the theme feasts or just the variety of possiblities:
Carnival-Fst-art  (25K)  3/19/99    An Italian Carnival Feast in
Delftwood.
fish-feast-art     (6K)  3/29/00    Details and recipes for a mid-Lent
                                       "fish feast" by Rudd Rayfield.
Good-Fd-Feast-art (26K)  3/30/98    Description of a fancy feast done in Lochac.
ill-fd-feast-art  (10K) 12/ 8/97    A feast consisting of illusion foods.
Islamic-Feast-art (20K)  5/27/99    "An Islamic Feast in a Barbarian
Court"
                                       by al-Sayyid A'aql ibn Rashid al-Zib.
Whole-Pig-Fst-art (36K)  9/22/98    Feast menu and recipes incl. a
roasted pig.

Or perhaps looking at some period feast menus might help:
p-menus-msg       (19K)  1/ 7/00    Examples of medieval feast menus.

There are also some files with comments and suggestions on feast
serving. Some of the other sections might be useful when you start
looking for recipes and information on specific food items.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net