SC - lavendar-OT-OOP

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Jun 5 05:41:03 PDT 2000

I was under the impression (from a modern French cookbook I have) that a pate is
meat that has been reduced to a paste-type consistency, a terrine is ground
meat...sort of like a cold meatloaf, and there was a third type, rissole, I
think, that was chunks of meat.  Not absolutely sure on the last one, but I know
that the first two are accurate so far as my reference is concerned.  I have
made several different kinds of terrines for feasts...one, a meat one that
combines ground pork, beef and calves liver, and the other a Roman one that uses
cheese and nuts.

Kiri