SC - Test Message

Amanda amanda at acanthus-books.com
Mon Jun 5 19:06:17 PDT 2000

Yana answered my questions:
> >If anyone has the time and a copy of the Domostroi around, I'd love to get
> >these quotes of different types of kvas for my kvas-msg file.
>
> I'll work on it.  I am trying to add stuff to my webpage on period Russian
> food and drink anyway.

Thanks.

> >Do you know of any mail order sources for this kvas concentrate?
>
> Nope, sorry (I checked the web anyway).  The stuff I use is made by "Amros"
> in Somerset, NJ; 908-846-7755.  Maybe you can call them?  When you get
> some, I see that in your Florilegium you already have the translated
> directions for using it under "BEVERAGES/kvass-msg.html".  :-)

I'll add this to the file. No, I hadn't realized I had directions already
on how to use it. I imagine they are on the can anyway.

Somerset, NJ does seem like a more likely place to find Russian immigrents
and Russian ethnic food stores than Austin, Tx.

> >Do you know when this Slavic and Eastern European Party will be? I'm
> trying to pencil in >my Pennsic schedule. I would like to try some kvas
> before I try making some.
>
> Yep, I'm the coordinator, along with Bogdan, who is also on this list.  In
> fact, we specifically scheduled it *not* to conflict with the Cook's List
> potluck so that we could go to both events (last year we had to leave early
> to set up the Party).  The Slavic and Eastern European Party will be held
> on Monday, August 14 at 7pm, in A&S tent number 7, according to the Pennsic
> class listings.

Now that you mention it, I think I had planned to go last year, but the
SCA-Cooks get-together conflicted so I couldn't.

> - --Yana, who probably should make more than just one gallon of kvas...

I was thinking you might want to, but I didn't want to sound greedy
and there might not be a demand. Can you make it on the spot if you
determine that the demand is greater than expected or does it have
to sit or cool for a while? That might minimize any waste.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net