SC - Free verse: A Cook's Lament

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Jun 5 20:06:51 PDT 2000

Gwen Cat, thanks a lot for your translation!!

<< (in #8) Zirwonada I belive to be roast though I have heard it
translated as a type of sausage) auff Welsch gemacht  in the Welsch
style??? >>

Hopf, in her dictionary, mentions two main places in Rumpolt that
indicate that indeed a certain Italian type of sausage is meant here.
There are (at least) two recipes in Rumpolt for this type of sausage:
VIIa Nr. 61 (Welsche Würst vom Ochsen/ die man nennt Zurwonada)
XLIIa Nr. 25 (Welsche Zurwanada vom Hirsch zu machen)

How about:
'Prepare a Zirwonada-sausage in an Italian style, cook it and let it
cool' [on Zirwonada-sausages: see Rumpolt VIIa/#61 and XLIIa/#25].

More later,
Thomas