SC - Re: homegrown flowers

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 19:00:09 PDT 2000

ahrenshav at yahoo.com writes:

>  Will I have to go drastic by using a
>  systemic poison?  My mother thinks we should just cut
>  the whole bush down, but I am not ready to do that
>  just yet.

You might try rottenstone or potash, which are both natural (?) substances
proven effective at getting rid of aphids, beetles, and a few other bugs.
Just dust the whole tree/bush with the stuff, and in a few days, check back
to see if it worked.  Potash can be found in most nurseries, and rottenstone
can be picked up at any decent furniture restoration/hardware store.  I have
had success with this when my "China Doll" got infested with spider mites,
and my tomatoes were being eaten alive by cutworms.  Of course, the china
doll has since gone on to plant heaven (boy, is THAT a hard one to keep
alive!)  Tomatoes are spot on, though.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?