SC - water bugs

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Jun 7 20:47:13 PDT 2000

>>Should I use more and chance the leftovers having the consistency of
concrete?<<

A quick fix for that problem, Rose, is to make and freeze good strong
chicken broth, and also beef broth.  I use well-washed yoghurt cups for a
variety of wines, marinades, broths, etc., so I can grab something in a
hurry if needed, and it is in 1 Cup or 3/4C. amounts.

You could also soak breadcrumbs in broth, refrigerate until absorption
stops, then freeze for later use.  If you use a food processor for the
bread/broth mix, the thickening can progress a little faster than with
larger bread crumbs.

You can save bread, let it dry, turn it into crumbs in the food processor
and store in a jar in the cupboard.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com