SC - Re: homegrown flowers

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Thu Jun 8 02:26:52 PDT 2000

Pat wrote:

> My family refers to them as "non-paying boarders"
> When I lived in Birmingham, my apartment complex was
> infested with bazillions of the tiny ones, but the
> real horrors were the ones that required freight tags
> on their bumpers.

When I was in high school (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) I lived
in Hawaii for awhile- and the 'nonpaying-boarders' there are sumo-sized!
Bodies +3" long, and that's not counting the antennae. A local comedian,
Andy Bumatai, had a routine about the 'caca-roaches' (bad approximation
of the pidgin pronun.) He says the roaches are sooo big, you go into the
garage for something? and hear the car door slam- the roaches are in
there playing the radio. And to kill the roach, you get your favorite
can of bug spray, and you sneak up real close- and hit 'em wid da can!
No spray, brah! Dey jus say "Eh! Tanks for da baf, yeah brah?"

Island humor. Gotta love it. Wonder what ever happened to that
record?...

'Lainie