SC - Blatteria... the roach

Jeff Heilveil heilveil at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 8 06:56:15 PDT 2000

I use the one that uses ceramic rods that are set in a wooden block at the
optimum angle. I find it to be entirely satisfactory. However, the rods
*will* break when dropped. :-(
I have had a professional job done on my big chef's knife, when someone
broke off the tip. He restored the tip and sharpened the entire knife.
Although I was tickled about having my tip back, I didn't find the "pro" job
to be significantly sharper than the edge I can get with the ceramic
sharpener. I used that knife to chop almonds for almond milk at a feast
where we didn't have a food processor a few weeks ago. It worked very well.
(By the way, the Fiskers scissors sharpeners are ceramic, and I get good
results with them as well.)

Maredudd

<snip>