SC - Sharpening tools (Was water bugs)

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Thu Jun 8 10:34:43 PDT 2000

CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Just a quick question to ask: "did we ever find out if quenelles are period?"

Um, yes & no <g>
Well, I found a reference to quenelles in a recipe that is in
Taillevent.  However, I do not have access to the original French so I
do not know if the translation is correct.

My translation is by James Prescott, who states that he has changed
the terms to suit more modern usage.  However, if anyone has access to
the original the recipe it is in is (number 178, my book ;-) a Gilded
dish:  "Gilded chicken with quenelles".  Basically the 'quenelles' are
balls of forcemeat cooked on spits with the chicken.

Full recipe previously posted, but nobody confirmed the translation .
. .

Lorix