SC - OOP & OT: Now 'Non-paying Boarders' Was Tempera question

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sat Jun 10 03:55:47 PDT 2000

Dealing with Cockroaches,

One of the ways we used to deal with mice plagues was to place an empty wine
bottle on a shelf with its neck pointed out into space.  A piece of bacon
hung out the end of the bottle (like a cork) and the whole neck of the
bottle was coated on bacon fat.  A bucket half filled with water was placed
underneath.

The mice would climb onto the bottle, try to get to the bacon and slip off
into the bucket - and drowned.

Would this work for Cockroaches?

Where I grew up it was far too arid for Cockroaches and Canberra is far too
cold !!  minus three degrees Celsius right now.

Mel.