SC - water bugs

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sat Jun 10 04:31:46 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Tegan
> I agreed to do Yule revel this year and our theme is Scottish.
> I have a few scottish recipes I have found..all the standards like scotch
eggs...

Umm, I feel really bad saying this, but I have a nasty feeling that "Scotch
Eggs" are neither Scottish nor Period.  (The first is from a quick wander
through the Florigieum, the second is something which one of the cooks on
this List said to me - she suggested that they are 17th or 18th century.

I am doing a bit of on-line searching for you to make up for this  - but I
make no promises!

Gwynydd