SC - Re: Help-Scottish recipes

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Mon Jun 12 20:04:54 PDT 2000

Lady Katherine McGuire commented:
>>>>Getting into to pure pigments such as
were used in the early Renaissance, can be
both frustrating and expensive.  The best
pigments were usually ground rare earths
and ground semi-precious stones.<<<<

Oh yes, that is quite correct.  However, as a
dealer in precious stones, I have no problems
in getting things like lapis lazuli, malacite and
most other of these materials at a very reasonable
(wholesale or less) price.  I even have sold natural
pearls for those who want to try a Cleopatra
Cocktail to impress their cronnies.  Sounds dreadful
tasting to me though.

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"