SC - Re: Help-Scottish recipes

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Jun 13 15:03:51 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/13/00 11:02:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
JGedney at dictaphone.com writes:

> 'll post an example I have from Heiatt's "Ordinance of Pottage" (that is
the
> book
>  I have on hand here at work )
>  ( I am adapting the language for readability )
>  For the Knight's table, The First Course:
 <snip>

Let's see.... If we got five cooks together, each with the same three days
off from work, in a fairly large, well equipped kitchen, and charged each
feast goer, say, $55 a head... No problem!

In all seriousness, I would be more than willing to prepare a meal like this,
if I thought that the populace would A) attend it  and B) afford to pay what
it is worth.  When I was F&B Director for a local hotel, I very often
prepared six course meals for groups of 200+ by myself, or with one other
cook and a dishwasher.  Mind you, these were all modern menus, and didn't
require any research or special equipment.

I would very much like to take part in making something like a "real" period
feast happen one day.  I believe it would be quite exciting.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?