SC - SC- Viking Age Cooking Gear

RANDALL DIAMOND ringofkings at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 13 19:21:11 PDT 2000

Balthazar wrote:

>Right.  In my previous list of goodies, I failed to mention that ALL ovens
>would be at eye level.  MY eye level!!  Do you have any idea how difficult
it
>is for a 6' 4" man to use an oven built for Lillyputians or Oompa Loompas?
>practically have to kneel down on the floor to get into modern restaurant
>ovens....

Yeah, I can understand that can be a real problem. I would probably place
both ovens at eye level if I were willing to sacrifice the counter space. I
also forgot to mention that I´m having the worktops at variable heights to
accommodate everyone - I´m medium height myself but the scullery boy, who is
beginning to take an interest in cooking, is a good 10 centimeters taller.
And the hob and the area immediately surrounding it is sunk somewhat lower
than the rest of the worktop because that is what I feel is most comfortable
for me.

Nanna