SC - questions

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Jun 13 22:08:39 PDT 2000

At 6:43 PM -0400 6/13/00, CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

>So why not replace the "Breakfast", "Lunch" and "Feast" monickers at events
>with "First Remove", "Second Remove", etc...?  This way, the populace still
>gets thier flirting and rear-smooching time between "courses", and the Feast
>Steward still gets to provide a "complete feast".

For one thing, "remove" isn't a period term for "course," SCA
tradition to the contrary.

The period references I have seen (I'm thinking of Chiquart and
Rumpolt) imply two substantial means a day, not three. "Fruhmahle"
and "Nachtmahle" in Rumpolt, as I recall.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/