SC - Re: Dream kitchen

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jun 13 23:58:58 PDT 2000

Balthazar of Blackmoor said:
> Let's see.... If we got five cooks together, each with the same three days
> off from work, in a fairly large, well equipped kitchen, and charged each
> feast goer, say, $55 a head... No problem!
>
> In all seriousness, I would be more than willing to prepare a meal like this,
> if I thought that the populace would A) attend it  and B) afford to pay what
> it is worth.
>
> I would very much like to take part in making something like a "real" period
> feast happen one day.  I believe it would be quite exciting.

Well, apparently some folks have produced some pretty fancy feasts. Whether
they would do another one is a question...

You might want to check these two files in particular in my FEASTS section:
Good-Fd-Feast-art (26K)  3/30/98    Description of a fancy feast done in Lochac.
ill-fd-feast-art  (10K) 12/ 8/97    A feast consisting of illusion foods.
  (Probably not likely done like this in period, but interesting. And a
LOT of
work).
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net