SC - good day t'ye

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Jun 14 06:30:45 PDT 2000

I think that the reference in WKRP (saw the episode several times...my lord is
very fond of that show!) is to domestic turkeys.  What I refer to is the wild
turkey, which we see fairly regularly around here.  They often travel in flocks
of about a half dozen or so, and they do occasionally fly a little.

Kiri

Lars wrote:

Most do not fly far, or high,however, due to wing structure. We used to keep a
chicken hutch and turkey hutch that incorporated the lower branches of a tree
for this purpose. And, of course, as they said on "Night Court and WKRP in
Cincinnati", "Turkeys cannot fly" "Especially when dropped from a helicopter".