SC - A Soup for the Qan....revisited once again

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Jun 14 07:04:53 PDT 2000

Well, I guess that the old saw "It's the squeaky wheel that gets
greased" works just fine in the world of booksellers.  When last we
talked about this subject, I had just been told by Barnes & Noble that
they didn't have a copy to send me (after I had found out that
Adamantius had received his...er his wife's...copy of the book).  I
responded that I was distressed that they had done this as I had ordered
mine first.  They responded with a form e-mail apologizing for "any
inconvenience" this might have caused me.  I wrote back indicating that
I didn't think that a form letter was sufficient apology, and that I'd
take my business elsewhere in the future.

Late last week, I got another message from them apologizing once again
and asking me to place the order again...which I did, just for grins and
giggles.  I felt certain that I'd either be told again that it was out
of stock...or that I'd be charged the $200+ amount.  Also, the message
contained a $10 discount certificate.  The order was confirmed,
and...you guessed it!....the book arrived in the mail yesterday, at the
price of $121 and change, including postage!

So.  Kiri is now a happy camper!  Thanks to all of you for listening to
my kvetching!

Kiri (on her way back upstairs to spend more time in joyous
contemplation and study of her new prize!!!)