SC - semi-precious stones and pearls

KallipygosRed@aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Wed Jun 14 11:44:51 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/13/00 10:00:25 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
morgana.abbey at juno.com writes:

> 've been toying with doing a feast with twice the dishes, half the
>  portions.  i figure that gives room to experiment and still feed
>  people--unless they're finicky.  In which case, I don't care.
>
>  Morgana

I like this idea. That would take care of nibblers, and the rest could "pound
up" on what they really enjoyed. Would give a basis for what the "crowd
pleasers" were, too. Mental note taking of what dishes came back licked clean
could be stored for next feast. One thing I can't abide is being talked into
a really nice dish with expensive ingredients and then no one eats it because
it is so different they don't want to try it. I believe that is why when they
did the cookoff here, they used fish. Fish in Aten is considered a non-food.
This kind of cooking would also give me a chance to try out some dishes in
advance on my hubby. He, and many of the men in my barony, believe they eat
nothing that flys in the sky or swims in the ocean....

Lars