SC -poultry art, was 90 ingredients Holloptrida translation

allilyn@juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Wed Jun 14 14:52:33 PDT 2000

By the way, I asked this question in all seriousness:

> Why do recipes trump other
> sources of information to the point where it is only acceptable to serve
> foods from that corpus of recipes (though we know that the recipes that
> we have are only a limited depiction of period cuisine, since most
> recipes weren't written down)?

As a relatively inexperienced SCA cook who's done too much reading, and
whose personal interest is in Eastern Europe, I'm really interested in the
philosophical basis for this.  Also, I notice that new SCA cooks are often
sent directly to collections of medieval recipes, rather than to the
secondary sources about food and cooking in the Middle Ages that purport
to give a background on the subject, and I'm interested as to why.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
   "My hands are small I know, but they're not yours, they are my own"