SC - Period menus

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Thu Jun 15 08:24:30 PDT 2000

> I seldom send a new person to secondary sources because of several reasons.
> First, secondary sources are often the source of erroneous information.

I'm assuming that you are classing SCA sources and recipe books with
redactions as secondary sources, yes?

> Secondly, the area of medieval cuisine has expanded rapidly in the past few
> years and with a few notable exceptions 'scholarly' works simply have not
> kept up with the progression.

Could you elaborate on that statement? To an academic librarian, at least,
that doesn't make sense. How would you know that the area of medieval
cuisine has expanded if nobody is publishing scholarly works about these
new discoveries?

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
   "My hands are small I know, but they're not yours, they are my own"