SC - questions/kinda long, sorry

KallipygosRed@aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 19:23:08 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/15/00 11:26:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
raghead at liripipe.com writes:

<< I have one off subject question: re the "white beets",  are these a member
of
 the beet family or some other vegetable? >>

Beets come in many forms. Gold, burgundy, red/white striped, orange and
white. There are also bulbless varieties such as Swiss Chard and varieties
that have long roots like a carrot or radish. Some beets get grossly huge
roots such as sugar beets and those grown to feed livestock.

I would assume that white beets are meant or possibly Swiss chard.

Ras