SC - OOP but 1650s-1890s cookbooks for sale...

Jeff Heilveil heilveil at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 15 19:47:04 PDT 2000

Balthazar writes:

>[...] I would much
> rather see someone join the SCA at a level they feel comfortable with, and
> then grow from there, rather than scare them away if they are not
> immediately willing to meet someone elses standards of authenticity.

My experience is that newcomers are quite often keen to be
authentic, and that they can lose this enthusiasm if too many people
tell them they "don't need to bother".

I don't want to see the SCA set rigid standards of authenticity; I
_do_ want to see newcomers consistently encouraged to put some
effort towards doing things they are interested in authentically.

Edward Long-hair
Southron Gaard, Caid