Authenticity, philosophy, and advocacy (was Re: SC - questions)

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 23:02:03 PDT 2000

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, margali wrote:

> *snicker* Bummer!

> But I still hope he can make it to a pennsic anyway. My lord is more
> able to make it to sweden than I am[well, he has been to Tromso
> Norway 4 times already with Uncle Sams Yacht Club, and he could
> probably jump ship...]

Hmm, I can either interpret this in one of two ways:

1. She's trying to set me up with her "lord".

2. She's hoping that I'll make it to Pennsic at a time when her lord is
AWOL in Norway.

I am not quite sufficiently eclectic in my tastes to go for number 1,
and will not comment on number 2 on the grounds that it opens a rather
complex can of worms, in particular if discussed in an open forum.

ObCooking: I just read a book about travels with some indian^Wnative
american groups in Canada at the turn of the century (Cree, IIRC). Among
the interesting things mentioned was that they prefered the "small"
meat, and tossed stuff like steaks to the dogs. I.e. picking small
pieces of meat off bones was preferable to just eating a large chunk.
This made me think: what parts was considered most desirable in out
period and region? Probably not one answer, due to long time and
extensive geographical spread, but still and interesting topic.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
Twisted mind? No, just bent in several strategic places.