SC - Cilantro and Pine Nuts Salad

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 23:08:21 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/15/00 9:35:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

> Shouldn't you have written:
>
>  "Because in my opinion  _that_ is the only group that matters at the
moment
> the
>  feast is held--but of course, the choice of deciding what matters is
>  one that you must make for yourself.  Those who require more effort
>  simply won't go--or at least, that is what I would expect. I suggest
>  that no harm has been done--or at least I would suggest it if you
>  asked my opinion on the question."
>
>  Similarly, shouldn't your statement above have been:
>
>  "In my opinion _no one_ has the right to "insist" that I  do anything
>  in any manner other than my own, but of course that's just how I
>  feel--I don't claim that there is any reason for other people to
>  agree. Certainly, since I don't pay for their computers or their
>  internet access, I don't have the right to insist that they not
>  insist that ... ."

Touche'.  That was certainly worth a chuckle-at-ones-self...

>  Is it only other people who are obliged to tone down their language,
>  pretending they aren't confident of things they are confident of in
>  order not to offend anyone?

Of course not.  Your point is well made, and taken.

>  Or in other words, you pressed one of my buttons.

I can see that I had.....:)
I will attempt to end with this:  There are those out there in the Society
who feel so strongly about a topic that they are unable to detect when they
have gone around the bend.  This applies to myself as well, I guess.  I take
issue not with the passion, but with the way it is displayed.  This applies
to myself as well, I guess...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?