SC - Cree and "small meat"

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 00:23:10 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/15/00 10:50:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
parlei at algonet.se writes:

> Among
>  the interesting things mentioned was that they prefered the "small"
>  meat, and tossed stuff like steaks to the dogs. I.e. picking small
>  pieces of meat off bones was preferable to just eating a large chunk.

While my knowledge of the Cree is pretty sparse, I think it has to do with
the fact that the meat closer to the bone has better flavor, and also, I seem
to recall, there is a "religious" significance to it as well.  Or would
"spiritual" be a better term.  Hmmnn... now I have to go pull out my
handy-dandy "Native American Religions" textbook (from the trunk of my car?
Naw, not this one...it's actually on the bookshelf)

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?