SC - Current Pennsic Cookery Classes

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Jun 16 12:13:45 PDT 2000

> Food of Medieval Poland and Rus	Jadwiga Zajaczkowa	Thu, 17	11:00 AM

O dear. I've been found out. *sigh*
This particular course probably doesn't belong in Cookery; it belongs in
'Medieval World', for as I've said, I'm relatively inexperienced at period
cookery, and there are few or no extant recipes (well, there may be 16th
century Polish recipes in one book, but I can't get that book because it
was printed in the 16th century and in Poland).

>From the description of the class:
"Though we have no extant period cookbooks for Poland and Rus, we have
menus, inventories, etc.  Class covers raw ingredients, known dishes,
methods and some kitchen information as well as beverages, including beer
and wine."

It is intended primarily for those with Slavic personas, who want to know
what food their personas would have eaten. It is based ONLY on
library-type research I've done along with a little experimentation, and I
say so.

If anyone wants to come to the class and correct my errors, let me know
and I'll reserve time at the end for commentary. Hell, I'd welcome a
peanut gallery of experienced cooks (though if you have to say, "Don't
bother trying to cook any of this" please save it till the end... my
bursting into tears would probably hold up the class *smile*).

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
   "My hands are small I know, but they're not yours, they are my own"