SC - questions/kinda long, sorry

KallipygosRed@aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 14:19:38 PDT 2000

This happened to our local cooks guild some years ago.  They did a Viking
feast for a Leif Erickson Tourney I autocrated.  Each course had some
excellent dishes and one dish that was a little odd. I.E. Nettle soup, it
was very salty and kinda like eating wet oregano.  They also served Rose hip
soup with heavy cream.  I thought this was wonderful with a slightly bitter
taste to the Rose hip soup and a heavy sweet cream.  The two flavors
together were wonderful.  But one of populace made a rather large production
a running out of the hall and spitting it on the ground.  This so upset the
cook that she still has trouble with serving the different.  I encourage her
to do so as an education to the palate.

As a side note the person was a peer and was chastised by the King for his
behavior.

Jana