SC - questions

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 20:47:20 PDT 2000

Bonne of Traquair wrote:

> Chin up, Morgana, this group has a lot of people who want to make sure
> their meaning is absolutely clear, and that they tuly understand what the
> other person is saying.  That takes a lot of verbage and a lot of bandwidth.
> But it never comes to blows. Not even over cuskynoles.  (which I beleive is
> cooks code for'are we done with this dead horse?')

Actually, we're not. Upon looking at the cuskynole recipe in its French
form in the 13th century Anglo-Norman  BL MS ADD 32085, of which BL Add.
46919 (He), also known as Diuersa Cibaria, appears to be, in part, a
translated copy, I see that the text in French seems a great deal more
specific, and much clearer in Hieatt's English translation. Also that
the illustration in 46919, presumably copied accurately for Curye On
Inglysh, looks suspiciously like the illustration from a completely
different recipe in the earlier source... .

I'll leave you in fearful anticipation until I get a chance to provide
more details. I know you can't wait.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy