SC - roundels and tablecloths

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sat Jun 17 00:54:46 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/17/00 12:36:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
morgana.abbey at juno.com writes:

> Balthazar, you have the professional experience.  Any thoughts?

Why, it's funny you should ask....  The description sounds *exactly* like a
table skirt we still use today in almost all banquet and catering functions.
It serves a number of purposes, such as adding a "finished" edge to the
table,  protecting the floor from drips which would have otherwise hit it,
and nicely hiding things from the view of the dining public, such as chafing
dish lids, buckets for holding fat and trimmings from on-line carving
stations, and the occasional Jack and Coke for the thirsty Chef...

>  I wouldn't use table skirts simply because, once made, I'd have no other
>  way to use the fabric.

Except, of course, as a table skirt for your next feast... :)

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?