SC - Re: PLATINA, Date Pie LONG

ChannonM@aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Sat Jun 17 18:28:57 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/16/00 8:56:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

> Hauviette,
>
>  here are some remarks and further notes about "sapa". I confess, that I
>  could not follow the mustard-thread closely, so I may be mistaken what
>  the question is. In case I went astray, just hit the delete-button.

Thanks for jumping in Thomas, I was hoping you would but didn't want to put
any requests specifically. I never know what peoples committments out side of
this list are, I know sometimes I just can't find the time. I should have
thought to look in Anthimus, since it's sitting on my shelf, but the rest of
the references are a great help.

Your additions were right on.  I went into a vintner's shop and spoke with
the owners. They will be setting aside some must from the next batch of
Valpolicella for me(he was pretty sure this was vitus viniferas(sp?) must.
The family who owns the shop is Italian and we discussed the use of boiled
down must. His mom uses it to coat cookies or biscotti. He was interested in
the Platina manuscript and what I was doing with the must.

I'm currently working with Platina and will post my recipes as they come.

Thanks again Thomas.

Hauviette