SC - teaching technique - nonmember submission

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Jun 19 14:03:30 PDT 2000

Jeff Gedney wrote:

> > Perhaps I missed it, but who has been arguing for forcing information
> > down someone's throat?
>
> Why the infamous "they", of course!
> You know?
> The "Authenticity Nazis" on this list?
> They are out there!
>
> They *have* to be out there.
> Because we are always hearing about "them"?
> You know:
> How Intolerant "they" are...
> How "they" aren't interested in having fun...
> How "they" want to suck the everlovin fun out of everything...
>
> Even though I have yet to read anything close to those viewpoints
> espoused on this list (having being on it since the end of the
> Cuskeynowles debate), "they" HAVE to exist, cause I keep hearing
> about "them".
>
> Or maybe "They" are just a figment of Polemics, because some people
> need something to argue against....
>
> Naaaah!
> Of course "They" exist!
> "Everybody" knows THAT!
>
> Brandu
> (Sprinkle Smileys liberally about this message.)

I just LOOOOVE this post! *SNIF* (I'm home sick from work).

But I must add that the members of Clan 'Some' (as in 'Some People', who
are closly related to the 'They' Family...) have long been banished from
the Barony of Three Mountains (An Tir) where I and my sniffly nose
reside weekdays. Which is not to say that we still don't have problems
with members of Clan Some, but it is easier to dismiss their influence
when they are present illicitly... ;-)

BTW- my pointy-haired boss just announced this morning (before I was
sent home for 'spreading germs') that she is leaving for greener
pastures in a bigger org 40 min, south. Now we will see what the Board
does in trying to replace her! (No, not me.)

'Lainie