SC - Torta Bourbonnaisse and Bleta - non-member submission

Thomas Gloning gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Mon Jun 19 15:21:58 PDT 2000

>Perhaps i'm just thick skinned, but i've never understood why people
>quit after one event if just one person who ought to behave better
>says something hurtful to them. ...if someone does that to me, i just
>assume they're
>having a problem, and that problem is their manners.

YOu know, I've been treated rudely by new co-workers, but I didn't see that
as a reason to quit the job.  I've been treated indifferently by church
members when I was new, but I didn't see that as a reason to quit church
(other reasons for that).  I've not been noticed until I've done something
noticeable at PTA, but didn't quit over that.

Either some people lead very lonely lives, having given up on every group
they've considered, or they are holding SCA to a different standard than
other groups in their life.  I can see treating the optional (SCA, PTA)
differently than the required (work, church for many) but still, a rude
person or two amongst the first dozen or so you encounter is par.

Bonne