SC - 'This the Season, or "Sambucade with fresh elderflowers"

Browning, Susan W. bsusan at corp.earthlink.net
Mon Jun 19 22:58:55 PDT 2000

Maire lammented:
> Thank you for your offer of information, kind sir....
> I live in NW Montana, which is just about as far away as you can get
> from Pennsic and remain in the continental US. <g>  Flying would be the
> quickest option, but can get pricey, as we're usually stuck driving to
> another state (Spokane, WA or SLC, UT) to get reasonable plane fares.
> And then there's the small problem of my job....I work as a quality
> assurance person/expert for a software company that makes specialized
> transportation/routing packages for school districts across the US.
> August is a really, really busy month.  I _will_ make it some day, just
> not this year....I'm really just pouting about it, is all.
> - --, looking forward to a future Pennsic (shopping, classes and
> food, my favorites!)

Well if August is a problem because of your mundane work schedule, how
about going to Estrella War (near Phoenix) in February or Gulf Wars
(near Lumberton, Miss) in March? Gulf Wars is fast approaching Estrella
in numbers and has a few things that Pennsic doesn't have such as a
wooden fortress to asault with siege engines and combat archery. Both
have around 4000 participants so they are only about half the size of
Pennsic. There are pros and cons to this.

For Gulf Wars you can fly into New Orleans which is about an hour and a
half south. This next year Gulf Wars will run from Monday until Saturday.

Feel free to email me if I can answer any questions or help.
  Stefan

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net