SC - cooking class disappointment

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Jun 21 07:45:46 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/19/00 10:56:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

>  In a message dated 6/19/00 11:19:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>  Ras at aol.com writes:
>
>  << Either
>   way, it seems to me that spinach is a reasonable and justifiable
>  substitution
>   to orach.
>
>   Hauviette >>
>
>  Based on medicinal properties, perhaps. But would it give the same flavor?
>
>  Ras

As I do not have access to orach, it will have to do for now. A comparison at
another time would clear up the issue. As for medicinal properties, it is my
opinion that most of what Platina recommends is for medicinal reasons, so
substituting an ingredient based on it's medical properties may be more
appropriate in this case. Your arguement bears weight however and when the
opportunity presents itself, I will try it out.

Bear with me folks, if I am not responding to the list, I just got out of
minor surgery this morning and am pretty groggy. Nothing serious, but surgery
is surgery. And I had the most god-awful room mate, who made loud phonecalls
into the night and whined like a baby when they gave her a pain tablet
instead of a shot of demerol. I tried to console her, but she cried more than
 my 3 year old.

Hauviette
thinkin that the couch is lookin mighty good right about now