SC - The truth about Green Beans Savory

BaronessaIlaria@aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Fri Jun 23 12:23:23 PDT 2000

We've been serving STC (short for Savory Toasted Cheese) since rocks were soft
here in Atlantia.  The recipe has literally been passed on by oral tradition,
from one cook to another.  In fact, until I got my copy of Digby, I had no idea
where it came from!  We do use brie, which is quite tasty, and I've seen it done
with both asparagus (my personal favorite...after all, asparagus is one of the
basic food groups, isn't it???) and green beans.  However, our preferred veggie
for this purpose is broccoli...cheaper than asparagus and period.  Also, one
gentle recently actually served it as it was originally intended, as a kind of
fondue, with sippets of bread!

Kiri