SC - fizzy drinks

Jane M Tremaine vikinglord at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 24 12:47:02 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/24/00 2:49:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ahrenshav at yahoo.com writes:

> Are you sure that you mean parchment?  It would be
>  very difficult to abrade paper.  Or do you really mean
>  vellum?  Most of the manuscripts that I know about
>  were written on vellum, which is kid skin, or lamb
>  skin or calf skin and much easier to abrade.

Actually, parchment is animal hide as well.  The difference between vellum
and parchment is merely a matter of which animal they came from (vellum, I
believe, is sheep skin, and parchment is calf skin.  Or, it could be the
other way around.) I have a very nice sample of actual parchment sitting on
my desk in front of me.  It is in it's raw state (unburnished, unscraped),
and just waiting for me to tackle it.  Modern parchment is paper...but the
real stuff was hide.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?