SC - Honeycomb (confectionary) - question to the list

Hank steinfeld at tqci.net
Sun Jun 25 18:16:46 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/25/00 9:21:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gryphon at carlsbadnm.com writes:

> Oh well, the folks look like they're having fun.

I hate to belabour the point, but THAT is the point.  If you want education,
go to school.  If you want entertainment, go to Medieval Times.  It's a
commercial venture, not a non-profit teaching and research institution.  The
public wants, and is willing to pay for, entertainment.  They expect certain
things (right or wrong), and that's what they get.  It's High Fantasy, not
reality.  Sure, sue them for false advertising, but get off the soap box.
Not everyone is interested in "learning" about the Middle Ages the way some
are.  They want mindless entertainment, and that's what they get.

Sorry for the attitude, but give me a break.  Has anyone ever watched any of
the (immensly popular) Star Wars movies??  Pure Fantasy!!  Do you sit on your
sofas at home and say, "well, really!  A sword made of coherent light?  This
is too much!!  Why can't they educate people with this stuff??  Show us what
the future will really be like..."?

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who's sick to death of this thread)

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?