SC - Sweets to serve with hot drinks

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Tue Jun 27 08:51:26 PDT 2000

In my searching I found this recipe - it looks wonderfully easy (and tasty!)
and I was wondering if it is, indeed, period.

I have found a number of sins against period cookery information in my
searches which has really put me on my guard!  The worst, I think, was one
on a "Feast for Anne Boleyn - or something like that.  The final course
offered Chocolate covered strawberries in cointreau and Chocolates!

Pastfeli

Here is something sweet to round out the meal. Use equal weights of honey
and sesame seeds. In a heavy skillet bring the honey to a very firm ball
stage (250 to 256 ° F). Stir in the sesame seeds and continue cooking until
the mixture comes to a bubbling boil. Spread the mixture 1/2" thick on a
marble slab or tray moistened with orange flower water. Cool and cut into
small diamonds or squares.
Found at:
http://www.godecookery.com/letters/letter05.htm#Pastfeli

Gwynydd